School Learning Plan
Community School’s Collective Commitment
Community School is a community of dignity and respect for all students and families. We honor the whole person, seek opportunities, and contribute to our communities.
Five Guiding Principles:
Relationships are central to our community.
We value and foster a growth mindset.
We develop strengths and skills to meet challenges.
We access resources to prepare for the future.
We communicate clear expectations.
Three Professional Development Priorities
Build Anti-bias/Anti-racist (ABAR) Skills
Build interdisciplinary interconnectedness of expectations and curriculum
Engage in NWRESD Success Team Framework of student support
What makes CS different?
School of Choice
Student Based Health Center (serves all BSD)
Early Learning Childcare Center for Student Parents
All student take social-emotional skill building onboarding class (Discovery)
Each student has a Focus Class and Teacher
Focus classes meet daily and start with a circle
Family Conferences on entry
We are proud of how our staff, students, and families partner together to build a community founded on equity that honors learning and growth of the whole person. Every day we see students grow as confident and capable problem solvers, and our community is passionate about continuing to grow and learn as educators.
Date of Last Revision: October 1, 2019
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.