ARE YOU INTERESTED IN...
- Designing or renovating buildings
- Working with tools
- Organizing projects
- Managing people
IN THIS PROGRAM, YOU'LL...
- Learn to safely use a variety of tools, equipment and machinery to build finished products
- Understand technical drawings and specifications
- Learn how buildings are constructed from the foundation to the roof
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and communication skills
- Practice safe, legal, and ethical working habits
- Be exposed to a variety of opportunities for a future career in the construction trades
Construction Technology is open to students from all comprehensive high schools. Sign up during forecasting in the Spring. Make sure the course is listed as your first choice. If a course has more interested students than enrollment space, a lottery will be conducted.
Click on each tab to see what courses are offered for students at each grade level.
- Introductory Courses
- Intermediate / Advanced Courses
- Community School Elective Course
- More Information
- Additional Opportunties
- Industry Advisory Board
Intermediate / Advanced Courses
Community School Elective Course
Industry Advisory Board
POSSIBILITIES AFTER GRADUATION
Our Construction Technology Program is certified by the Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries as a Registered Pre-Apprenticeship program, sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Carpenters Institute.
Students who complete our two-year program will have an advantage over other applicants when applying for a position as an apprentice at Pacific NW Carpenters Institute and other Union Apprenticeship training programs. Apprenticeships are "earn while you learn," paid positions to learn a trade and solidify a high-wage, reliable and rewarding career.
The Construction Technology Program was envisioned and designed in collaboration with a dedicated Advisory Board consisting of union apprenticeship programs, industry partners, district facilities and district staff. Established in 2018, the board has provided essential feedback to ensure the creation of a program that meets the needs of the construction industry and prepares our students for a career in the construction trades.